Monday, November 14, 2011

Color Sculpture Coming Along!

So, I spent a few hours last night in my kitchen mixing colors and dying plastic tubes like a mad man. This time around, I bought some latex gloves and a facial mask to guard me from breathing in the black smoke! For some reason the color blue is really stubborn and will not attach to the plastic tubing. My blue tube is painted on with acrylic. I now have yellow, orange, red, black, white, purple, and blue tubing. I have put steal wire though them so that they can hold a unique shape.
My next step is to buy some larger diameter tubing and experiment with the structure. It's very difficult to draw a sketch of my structure...but that's what I probably should do to get this looking how I want it.
Here's where I'm at:

No comments:

Post a Comment