Thursday, September 1, 2011

Elephants and more!

Ever seen a movie and you can't get its images out of your mind? "The Elephant Man" was one of the first movies to do this for me. If you haven't seen the movie, here's the trailer. David Lynch directed it and it is absolutely beautiful.
 
I am using this picture below as my image that I will be deconstruction for my 2-D/3-D studio class. 
This occurs in a scene where the Elephant Man is being observed by a lecture hall full of doctors. The framing and lighting is magnificent. I've got a crazy idea, hopefully it turns out well: I'm going to dress someone up as the elephant man, how he went out in public. He wears a sack over his head and a sheet over his body with a cane to help him walk. I'll be taking this person into downtown and photographing how the environment reacts to him. 
For my 3D reconstruction, I'll be creating a clay model of the elephant man and using some sheets with the combination of lights to create the silhouette like the image above.

No comments:

Post a Comment